Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Flotsam

I finished Arthur's quilt a couple months ago.  I started it in February after I finished Cora's and completed it in August.  My artistic goal was to make it look like water with stuff floating in it, and as such, it is my fist titled quilt:  Flotsam.

The blue and whites are not individual scraps, but a fabulous print I found at Joann Fabrics that fit the bill of being blue, and giving the feeling of unstructured movement.  The only piecing in this quilt is near the green and brown bits.



The pattern I modified is from a book called "Last-minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts," the pattern is called "Little Bits."

Arthur loves his quilt, and takes great pleasure in snuggling under it when he goes to bed, as well as rowing laundry basket "boats" on it in the daytime.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It does look very watery. I love the blues and the little earth tone accents. The title fits! I'm sure Arthur loves it...perfect for a pirate! Nice job, Bre.

    ReplyDelete