Friday, February 7, 2014

Finished It!

I finally pulled through and tied off the last threads in the quilt I started for Cora the month before she was born (we are about two months shy of three years at this point).  Mind you it was the third in a series of the pattern, all those flowers, stems and leaves are hand-appliquéd on, and I finished at least five other quilts while this one was a work-in-progress--all that aside, I feel like this one quilt is a major accomplishment for me!



As I said, the third in a series:  Sarah's has a dragonfly in two corners, Shauna's has ladybugs in all the corners, and Cora wanted grasshoppers.  So grasshoppers in two corners for her, snails in two corners for me (snails are a world easier)!



And the recipient's reaction was endearing!


3 comments:

  1. beautiful job, bre! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, of course the quilt is gorgeous and I know how much work it was...but Cora is a delight and I love the bouncing song and the background elf!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet little girl! Beautiful quilt too. We are having some lovely weather right now so I took the opportunity to wash blankets and quilts and I thought about you as I admired the quilt you gave us as it blew in the breeze. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete