Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunshine!

As some of you know, the weather in Provo this past week has been a titch wonky. Specifically, I am thinking about this last Thursday when I was outside pruning junipers with my arboriculture class thinking that I should have left my light jacket in the classroom, and a few hour after that we had Christmas card-perfect snow. Inches of it! Well, the weather has continued in that inconsistent manner of sunshine and warm or cold, cloudy precipitation for the last few days, and I, being a native Texan, wish it would just CUT IT OUT and stay warm! So, in need of homemade sunshine, I turned to one of my all-time favorites:



That's right, Lemons!

This week we have enjoyed both a lemon meringue pie (made for our enjoyment), and lemon bars (made for the ward activity, but half the pan came home)!

In my world, even if it is dreary outside, with a sweet lemon snack in my tummy, there is sunshine in my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment