Monday, March 14, 2011

A Short Hike

A few days ago, John, Dickens and I struck out to previously unexplored (by ourselves) territory. We headed north of Ann Arbor to a nearby "State Recreation Area," which is like a state park, only you're allowed to hunt there in-season. We hiked around for some 2+ miles, and enjoyed a picnic at the end.
The snow and ice continue to recede, and the weather continues to warm up incrementally! Yes, indeed, Spring is finally slipping in under the winter's nose! Buds are starting to form on the early-budding trees, and I'm so excited!
On our trek though, I got to see some wild turkeys off the side of the road while John was driving, and later we heard them warbling away. There were deer tracks and herons, ducks and other sights, sounds and signs of wildlife.

Oh, and we finally took a family portrait.

It was sort of funny, as you can see, the ground immediately in front of us is white. That's because it is icy. I was setting up the camera timer, when John said, "Wait, Bre, it is icy there, and it will take you time to sit down, maybe I should be the one setting the timer!" Which made me laugh, because of the truthfulness inherent in the observation, and the thought of me trying to scramble to get into the picture was also rather funny.

I know that there are several people who would like to see pregnant-belly pictures. All I can say is that we're working on it. We don't often remember that we own a camera, and when we do, we often forget to use it. And I happen to be the one who will usually remember to use it, which means that I'm the one behind it, not in front of it (all of the other pictures from that day are of John and Dickens, and not because I didn't offer to let John take some pictures too).
Happy T(r)ails!

1 comment:

  1. You can tell that you guys are in your "element." Keep having adventures! They put great smiles on your faces.

    ReplyDelete